It IS Dementia, Now What?
It is clear that changes in thinking, emotions and actions have occurred in a loved one – caused by some form of dementia. It is also clear that you are a dementia caregiver, whether or not there is an official diagnosis. Learn what to expect as dementia’s progression advances and how to be competent and confident in your role no matter how dementia’s symptoms manifest. Family members and professional caregivers will benefit.
This course is offered at two separate times during Winter 2021. The course meets live online, for eight consecutive weeks. Each class meets for one hour.
- January 14, 21, 28
- February 4, 11, 18, 25
- March 4
CHOOSE YOUR TIME:
10 am (EASTERN) OR 7 pm (EASTERN)
(When you enroll, you will be able to indicate which time you prefer. You will meet at that same time each week, with that same group of learners.)
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Recognize common symptoms of dementia’s’ progression based on knowledge of cognitive function and signals of decline
- Detect triggers for escalations
- Explore their intentions in caregiving and change their orientation to travel the caregiver’s journey
- Formulate responses to escalated symptoms which will restore calm and balance
- Interpret the results of a self-care assessment and develop an action plan to address any desired components of a healthy self-care regimen
- Access several key resources for dementia caregivers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is for dementia caregivers who want to understand the underlying causes of situations which they feel ill-equipped to manage, gain the skill and confidence to transform negative situations into positive ones, and promote greater happiness and well-being for themselves and the person in their care. Family members and professional caregivers will take equal benefit.
THIS COURSE INCLUDES:
8 LIVE ONLINE SESSIONS (one hour each)
- 6 “classroom” sessions online
- 2 private mentoring sessions (scheduled individually)
- 6 video recordings of group sessions (available for 60 days after last session)
- Course Manual
- 2 personal assessments (PDF downloads)
- Signals of Cognitive Decline Assessment
- Self-Care and Well-Being Assessment
- Completion certificate
- Coupon code for The Dementia Field Guide, a practical resource to share with a family member or friend.
COURSE PRICE: $279
INSTRUCTOR: Cloud Q Conrad