Is It Dementia?
Online class begins January 26, 2021
This course addresses the needs of those who want to determine whether normal or not-normal aging is the cause of changes in thinking, emotions and actions and what their next steps might be if their observations point to not-normal aging. You may have noticed these changes in a loved one or yourself. Or you simply may want more dementia-related knowledge in general.
The class is held live online and will run eight consecutive weeks. The class meets for one hour each session.
- January 26
- February 2, 9, 16, 23
- March 2, 9, 16
CHOOSE YOUR TIME:
This course is offered twice during Winter 2020.
10 am (EASTERN) OR 7 pm (EASTERN)
(When you enroll, you will be able to indicate which time you prefer. You will meet at that same time each week, with that same group of learners.)
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Distinguish between normal and not-normal aging in eight key cognitive functions
- Evaluate your situation using thirty signals of cognitive decline and determine the appropriate response
- Facilitate conversation about your observations and concerns
- Encourage a medical evaluation to explore all possible causes
- Gain your bearings if you find yourself on the dementia caregiver’s journey
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is for anyone who wants to understand how dementia affects thinking, emotions and actions over time and compare these changes to their own experience or that of someone they know. Family members and family friends are the primary audience for this class. Professional caregivers will also benefit.
THIS COURSE INCLUDES:
8 LIVE ONLINE SESSIONS (one hour each)
- 6 “classroom” sessions online
- 2 private mentoring sessions (scheduled individually)
- 6 video recordings of group sessions (available for 90 days after last session)
- Course manual, The Dementia Field Guide
- 2 personal assessments (PDF downloads)
- Signals of Cognitive Decline Assessment
- Self-Care and Well-Being Assessment
- Completion certificate
- Coupon code for The Dementia Field Guide, a practical resource to share with a family member or friend.
INSTRUCTOR: Cloud Conrad
COURSE PRICE: $279