Is It Dementia?
Online class begins Tuesday, March 7th 10:00 am – 12:00 pm (ET)
This course addresses the needs of those who want to determine whether normal or not-normal aging is the cause of changes in thinking, emotions and actions and what their next steps might be if their observations point to not-normal aging. You may have noticed these changes in a loved one or yourself. Or you simply may want more dementia-related knowledge in general.
The class is held live online and will meet on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for two weeks. Each session is two hours in length. Class size is limited to 10 people for maximum quality experience.
TUESDAYS @ 10 am
- March 7 and 14
WEDNESDAYS @ 10 am
- March 8 and 15
(NOTE: If you are going to be absent for any one of these two hour sessions, simply view the recording of the class you miss, at your convenience during a 14 day period.)
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Distinguish between normal and not-normal aging in eight key cognitive functions
- Evaluate your situation using thirty signals of cognitive decline and determine the appropriate response
- Facilitate conversation about your observations and concerns
- Encourage a medical evaluation to explore all possible causes
- Gain your bearings if you find yourself on the dementia caregiver’s journey
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is for anyone who wants to understand how dementia affects thinking, emotions and actions over time and compare these changes to their own experience or that of someone they know. The curriculum builds on and expands conceptual and practical material introduced in The Dementia Field Guide. Family members and family friends are the primary audience for this class. Professional caregivers will also benefit.
THIS COURSE INCLUDES:
4 LIVE ONLINE SESSIONS (two hours each)
- 4 “classroom” sessions online
- 1 private one-hour mentoring session (scheduled individually)
- Course manual, The Dementia Field Guide
- 2 personal assessments (PDF downloads)
- Signals of Cognitive Decline Assessment
- Self-Care and Well-Being Assessment
- Completion certificate
- Coupon code for The Dementia Field Guide, a practical resource to share with a family member or friend.
INSTRUCTOR: Cloud Conrad
COURSE PRICE: $325